You’ve probably heard us say this before, but having a strong presence on social media can immensely help increase the visibility of your radio station.
Today we’re going to focus on Facebook and see how creating a page for your Radio Station could be a great idea!
Create a community
Facebook remains the most popular social network with over 2.41 billion monthly active users. Needless to say, it’s a great platform to share your radio project and create a loyal community of listeners.
With so many people being active on Facebook, the number of potential listeners for your radio station could increase hugely if you create your own page.
Setting up a Facebook page is simple:
- Go to facebook.com/pages/create
- Choose your page type
- Fill out the required information
- Click on “continue” and follow the instructions
Take your radio station one step further
- post regularly : news concerning your radio or radio world in general, post photos of your studio / team / events – use it to announce any events / special broadcasts coming up
Being present on Facebook also gives you the opportunity to take your radio station one step further.
If you have more than 2 000 likes on your Facebook page, then you can easily embed your radio player onto your page! This will allow visitors to listen to your radio station directly via Facebook.
Having a Facebook page will allow you to post regular content concerning your radio station, here are some ideas of content for your page:
- Photos: of your studio, team or events
- Announcements: events, prize draws, upcoming live broadcasts
- News: concerning your radio station, general radio news, upcoming concerts
You can get your followers to turn on your post notifications, that way they’ll never miss anything from your page!
Stay in touch with your listeners
By creating a Facebook page you also allow yourself to keep in touch with your listeners and exchange with them.
If someone leaves a comment on one of your posts, be sure to respond! It will reinforce the link you have with your followers.
Facebook also allows you to create polls in order to ask questions. This is a great way to involve your audience with certain decisions concerning your online radio station! You can also use it as a way to test ideas before implementing them by asking your followers if they like it or not.
You’ll also notice that each page has a rating (out of 5). Facebook allows users who enjoy the page to rate the brand or company with stars. You can regularly ask your followers to rate your page, that way new visitors will see if the page has a positive image already!
Allow your listeners to help your radio grow
By liking, commenting or sharing your posts your listeners are helping to spread the word about your radio station.
Indeed, when a person likes, comments or shares a publication, it automatically becomes visible on the time line of that person’s friends! This means that with every “like”, your radio station could become visible to hundreds of new potential listeners.
Advertise with Facebook
As you probably already know, it’s possible for you to advertise via Facebook. There are 3 different possibilities when it comes to establishing the target of your advert:
- Core Audience: Choose whether you want your ad to be shown to people based on age, location, hobbies or something else. It’s a great way to connect with people who are likely to be interested in what you offer.
- Custom Audience: Built from customer data that you already have on hand, custom audience makes it easy to reconnect with the people who have already shown interest in your business.
- Lookalike Audience: Helps you connect to people on Facebook who are similar to your customers.
The great thing about Facebook Ads is that you set your own budget, meaning that you can have your own ad for as little as $10.
Be sure to follow RadioKing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!Create your online radio station today!