Wondering how to do a live radio broadcast? Look no further! In this article we’ll explain how to set up a radio station
in order to broadcast live with multiple presenters.
Set up a radio station: Equipment
Here are the 3 types of cables you will need in order to set up your radio station.
- As many XLR cables as the number of microphones. Here we have the Sssnake SM6 at £4.80 each
A Stereo Jack Cable
A Jack to Jack Cable / RCA to RCA Cable
Microphones and Headphones
You need to be sure to have as many headphones and mics as you want to have guests or DJs.
- Microphones Behringer XM8500: £18.40 each
- Headphones Superlux HD-681: £19.30 each
- Multicoloured foam covers in order to differentiate the microphones
Mixer and Headphone Amplifier
You will also need a mixer, a headphone amplifier that will allow you to connect your guests’ headsets, a computer (here we have a laptop, but you may also use a desktop computer) and a USB audio interface.
- Mixer Yamaha MG12: £310
- Headphone amplifier Behringer HA400: £19.35
- A computer and a radio broadcasting software
- A USB audio interface
Set up a radio station for multiple guests
Start by connecting all the microphones to the mixer with an XLR cable.
Radio Broadcasting Software
Remember to configure your radio broadcasting software by changing the input devices.
Create your own radio station and broadcast live right now!